maart 09, 2011

You'll always be the white shadow of my heart. «3

Yesterday was a very sad day for everyone in our family. Our beloved dog, Roxy, passed away after almost 9 years of living with us. It was very unexpected, and I still don't completely realise it.
The day before yesterday we went to see a doctor, because things weren't alright. They had a suspection of what he could have, but they had to take a blood sample and we would get the results on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the disease took over control faster than expected..

People who have ever lost their dog or cat, know how this feels. That empty feeling, knowing your little mate won't be there to come say hello when you get home. The daily rounds out. Feeding them everyday. Crawling up next to them on the couch. It's like losing a part of your life. Your daily routine. And it gets quiet.

Real quiet.

I remember I used to fight with my sister all the time, because we both didn't want to go out with Roxy whenever our mom asked us to. It's weird, but now.. I'd do anything to be able to go outside with him again. I miss having him around. And I know that in time, I'll find a way to cope, and accept that he is no longer with us. It's still hard, but I know he's in a better place now. Rest in peace. <33

Picture was made in 2007.
Roxy, RIP. 18/5/2002-8/3/2011. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten