maart 07, 2011

This is real life, not a fairytale.

Love sucks. That’s what most people say when they’re disappointed in love. Whether it’s finding out the guy you like is already happy with someone else, or when you realize your boyfriend doesn’t like you as much anymore.. Or whatever other reason you can think of. In those cases, love DOES suck.
I’m usually not the type to fall for someone too hard too fast. To be honest, it never really happened to me that when I first met someone, I instantly thought “Daaamn, I like you!”. Until a few weeks ago. I remember entering the room, seeing him, and BAM! It hit me like a ton of bricks. I just knew he was my type of guy.
 And yes, once we had met, I was sure; He was definitely the type of guy I could fall for in the future.
“Just not yet.” I thought, making a promise to myself that I wouldn’t fall too hard too fast, because of a few simple reasons. I didn’t know the guy, maybe I was completely wrong and he would turn out to be the opposite of what I thought. I didn’t even know if he were single. And one of the most important reasons for me not too fall too hard, was because I didn’t want to end up disappointed and broken if he turned out to have a girlfriend after all.
And yet, I noticed myself laughing at everything he said. And, like most people who are ‘in love’, I was trying to pick up signals that proved to me that he felt the same. As far as you could feel something for someone you just met. And I saw those signals, or so I thought. Little did I know I was only fooling myself, thinking that for once, I might’ve gotten it right. Stupid me.
Because of course, someone already had his heart. And I was so stupid to think that I stood a chance. I was so stupid to think that for once, a guy like him was still single and would actually fall for a girl like me. Things like that only happen in fairytales. And clearly, I don’t live in one.
It’s like, everytime I think I’ve found something that’ll turn my life around.. Something happens, and it ends up all the same as before. It’s like, for a few weeks, I’ve been floating on a cloud, and now someone decided to push me off and I fell back in reality. And in reality, I’m the kind of girl most guys pass by. The kind of girl who gets up too high once a cute guy gives her attention. The kind of girl who has kind of given up on love, because it has passed her by so many times before. So many times, that she doesn’t have the faith to believe that one day, she’ll bump into the guy of her dreams.
And that’s why, I can completely agree with everyone who says that love sucks.
‘Cause yeah, it DOES suck. Especially when you can’t seem to find it..


Written by Claudia.
Monday, march 7, 2011
 
©This piece of text is all written by me. It's an original, so please do not use without permission.  I mean, how would you like the idea of someone just stealing your texts, pretending they're the ones who wrote it, when in fact, it isn't theirs at all?
 
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten