maart 19, 2011

And I want you in my life.

"I can't have you, no. Like you have me. I can't steal you, no. Like you stole me. And i want you in my life, and I need you in my life."
There's so many songs I can relate to lately. One of the songs that really gets to me everytime I hear it, (And I have to admit, that's quite a lot the past few days) is "You" by my all-time favourite band The Pretty Reckless. The way Taylor Momsen sings this song, is so pure, and emotional. The lyrics is simple, yet so incredibly beautiful.

As the lyrics describe, this song's about loving someone you can't have. It's about having a crush on someone, knowing they don't feel the same way. And when that happens, you are vulnerable. You're very breakable, yet so overwhelmed by the feeling. And even though you know that you don't stand a chance with the one you like, you can't stop it. You love being around them too much. You love thinking about them, and talking to them. So you'll just continue to be vulnerable, yet floating on cloud nine, listening to love songs over and over again, imagining you and him together, still knowing inside your heart that it'll never work out.

I think that's kind of what this song is about. And since I'm in quite that situation, I can really relate to it, and feel the lyrics as they are. Just listen for yourself, and enjoy (:

With love,
            Claudia.

You, by the Pretty Reckless.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten