december 30, 2010

Through it all, just stand up!

Can you believe the year's almost over? I don't. For me, this year seemed to pass by faster than normally. I guess that's because so much has happened during this year. I've had ups, and of course I had downs. I also realised that I've changed hugely. At the beginning of 2010, I couldn't stand up for myself. I always cared for others more than I did for myself. But halfway 2010, something within me changed, and I stood up for myself like never before. I learned that, if something's hurting you, you should put yourself first and let it go. Not stick with it because you're afraid to hurt others. Or because you're afraid for their reaction. I realised that I needed to change things to become happy. And even though letting go hurt me a lot, even though I knew it would take ages for me to get over it.. It made me realise that in the end, I'd come out stronger. And I did. From that moment, I truly stood up for myself. I stood up for my opinion, and stopped caring for what others think of me. And trust me, that was a real tough mountain for me to come across. Too long I've been afraid to hurt others with what I thought. Too long I've hurt myself by sticking with what crushed me. Too long I gave in to others, without thinking about myself. And now the time has come, to stand up for myself, and think of me instead. I'm the one who has to live my life, not anyone else. And as long as I am happy with my life the way I live it, nothing else matters.

With that thought, I wanna end this year, and get into the new one. Hoping that things will only get better.


With love,
            Claudia.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten