september 18, 2010

Three months, and I'm still sober.

"And I don't know, I could crash and burn but maybe.. At the end of this road, I might catch a glimpse of me. So I won't worry about my timing, I want to get it right. No comparing, second guessing. No, not this time. Three months and I'm still breathing. Been a long road since those hands, I left my tears in, but I know it's never really over. Three months, and I'm still sober. Picked all my weeds, but kept the flowers."

I love songs that can describe exactly how you feel, or describe what's going on in your life. That's what I think music is all about. When a song has lyrics that can touch you through the pit of your soul, that's when I think music is 'real'. To me, music has some kind of way to speak for me when I can't find the words. It makes me see things differently. It leads me on and allows me to escape from reality when I feel like it.

I can so relate to this song. This song fits my life right now so well. Line by line. The lyrics are amazing. Touching. Beautiful, with a sharp, painful edge carved around it. I can't help but love this amazing Kelly Clarkson song (:


With love,
            Claudia.

Sober by Kelly Clarkson.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten